Monday, October 13, 2008

Hey Rube!

So the title of this post is my new favorite word. Its also the name of the next ultimate team I form. From dictionary.com:
hey rube
–noun
1.(used as a call to rally circus or carnival personnel in a fight, esp. in a fight with townspeople).
2.a fight between townspeople and the members of a circus or carnival.
So after a lapse of almost 3 years in the hey, what's joe saying now series, we have our newest installment. I have an impish desire to yell "hey rube" at a carnival and see what happens. I imagine it would be tantamount to yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater, but somehow I feel the sentence would be less. Good thing probably that summer and carnival season has passed us by.

Good trip back to Chicago last weekend, people seem to be doing well, what with their buying of distressed real estate, creating boom machines, brick-on-a-rope betting and first rate baby-making. Good food too. Just to be mean I printed up Hot Doug's specials for a co-worker last Friday, he's the type who will go to 3 grocery stores to get the perfect ingredients for a dinner; sadly though, showing him the specials proved to be a double-edged sword, as I saw them too, and despite my recent meal at Hot Doug's, I began to feel a bit of a longing for the world's foremost purveyor of encased meats.

I had my first fall league games this past weekend. Despite some notable plays I realized that my twice a week tennis game will not keep me up to speed on the ultimate field. I'm hurting now as a result sadly. I just noticed that Machine made Nationals, and so allow me to extend my congratulations in this semi-public forum. Dane, I would extend my sympathies for you having to cart around a brick at nationals, except I can't help but think it will be to your benefit, so I will extend no sympathy. Also Nemesis made nationals and Haymaker apparently made regionals, well done gentlemen, well done all-around.

that's all i have for now, fare thee well my good readers (no doubt only those savy enough to use google reader) and best of luck in all your misadventures.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger jsa said...

Good to have you back, Joe... glad to hear life is going OK...

I'm headed to Chi-town myself next week... I'm trying to decide where I want to eat...

Hot Dougs, Kumas, I also have a bizarre hankering for a hot link sandwich from ribs 'n bibs.

10/13/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home