Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sunny AZ

So I'm currently sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Scottsdale waiting for my ride to get here and bring me to work. I flew out yesterday (Tues) and will ne here through Friday. I was really excited to come out because I have quite a bit of family here, but as it turns out my aunt and uncle are in mexico, one cousin is in MN, my dad was here last week and will be back next week, and my stepbrother goes to school at the U of Arizona but I won't have enough free time to go down to Tucson. Fortunately I have one cousin who I will be able to meet up and have dinner with. Probably at a place called Oregano's that has a huge mural of North Avenue Beach in Chicago, I find that comical.

So the Real World Party was a bit interesting. I saw a lot of things that can't be unseen between 9 and 6am, but fortunately most were good. It was funny to go through the timeline of events with my roommates as we got different perspectives on various events and were able to go, "wait, with who? where?" It was interesting.

Sectionals was a bit of a downer. We crushed on saturday going 3-0. Won our first game sunday 12-11 after being down 9-11. We then lost to machine but managed to put up a few points and I called a time out to try and keep my roommates from their precious football just a bit longer. After that we played the team we had beat in the morning and managed to lose 12-13 disqualifying us from regionals. Though we may still be able to go by default, so a little disappointing. Though, it means I'll be able to play with Public News Team, my fall league team, this weekend for the first time, which is exciting. Sunday wasn't all bad though as I was able to drown my sorrow in home smoked pork shoulder sandwiches, crisp cole slaw, and a mighty potato salad. We kind of need to throw a fake roommate of the year competition at our place and when Bryan's name is pulled from the envelope all look surprised. He also made 2 beer-can-chickens this past week. That was a good night too.

I'm currently reading Blue Highways, which I may have commented on before, but its one of my favorite books. Guy travels around America on the backroads in the late 70s and just records the conversations he has with people and writes about America. Its fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home