Monday, August 20, 2007

The last thing anyone expected

So, this would probably have gone unnoticed except to the few who have RSS feeds. Of course no one may have a feed to this space, in which case don't I look like the presumptuous ass.

First I'm jealous of TBR for circumnavigating the second largest freshwater body in NA. My roommate from college and I had been talking about doing this after scaling back from riding the length of the silk road and Copenhagen to Capetown, which recent houseguest, MF, actually encountered people doing; or at least people riding the length of Africa. After watching Feasting on Asphalt II though, the idea of riding along the Mississippi from northern illinoisish to New Orleans or vice versa is certainly appealing, at least from a culinary perspective. Of course the first step on any trip of this kind would be acquiring a bike, damn details.

Cooler was a bit hard. We went 0-4 on Saturday, losing to Machine, Falling apart at the end against Sack lunch, getting beaten by some team that I wish we hadn't got beaten by, losing to Surly ultimate (is Turtle automatically the best player in master's? Though i guess with Parinella playing as well and probably a few others I don't know, he's got some competition) On Sunday we lost to some team from MN, frustrating, then we managed to win, then we lost to the Van Buren Boy's (former CLX men) but actually played well. So 1-6. ouch. oh well. Oh yeah, almost the entire tournament was played in rain, nothing like being wet while losing.

In other ultimate news my competitive lost in the summer league finals, making me 0-4 in chicago league championship games. Tucker, I take back all Buffalo Bills jokes.

After watching feasting on asphalt and another show that focused primarily on weird things to eat in China (a restaurant specializing in stomach? maybe not a first date place) I want to cook a little more. We'll see what happens there. One things for sure, I definitely won't blog about it. Well that's all I got for the moment, perhaps more in the future? I'd say yes, but that might make me a liar. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if Route 66 is bike friendly. Although that trip is more of an American convertible vehicular trip.

Lewis and Clark?

I love bikes.

8/20/2007  
Blogger Ian said...

I haven't read more than the first paragraph of your post, but I do want to say that I almost had a heart attack when it showed up in my RSS reader...

8/29/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home