Saturday, June 21, 2008

The evolution of the german board game

So for the last 20 days or so I have off and on been immersed in a world called Travian. Its a free online game where you have a village and you compete with other players on a world map to turn your wee municipality into a dynamic empire in route to establishing your Pax Joe Little across the known world. Its pretty interesting, like settlers but one game can last 3 months to 300 days or something, I must admit, on the server I am playing on I don't know when the "end" is. I think I'm on the 3 month track but we'll see. I've made a number of rookie mistakes but recently have been using my market to conduct arbitrage in the commodities market, that's been pretty exciting. Since I know the nerd:non-nerd ratio here is pretty high if people are interested we could all form little villages when the next server goes on, form an alliance and impose our will on lesser beings. Or not. But from the amount of enthusiasm that people had for settlers, I imagine this might prove of some interest.

In other news I went for a run/walk from my place through the maze of SW SE to the Jefferson memorial, FDR memorial, Lincoln memorial, and back. Pretty cool, nice to catch my breath while reading inspiring words.

I was out Thursday night with a friend and a young woman (nicely dressed but she'd had a few) started walking around asking if anyone had lost their cell phone in the woman's restroom. She then proceeded to call the contact listed under Dad, briefly commenting on the picture that appeared when she did so(this was around 11:00pm). It was amusing to listen to the one side of the question, especially when she commented that, "You look pretty hot too, Daddy-O." It was pretty awesome.

Well I'm off to Eastern Market to get the best peaches I've ever had. Ta ta.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

You should not have mentioned Travian. It looks like way too much fun.

My girlfriend will be contacting you shortly about reparations.

6/24/2008  
Blogger Ian said...

Travian is good stuff. I wish I could find a glossary so I know what the devil the stuff on the forums means, but it's pretty cool. If you want to put your plan for a Pax Joe Little into action, let me know -- I'm down.

Not know when the end is for the various worlds is a little disconcerting. I picked a random server -- 5, as it happens -- and started there. Dunno what that means, advantages/disadvantages of different servers, or anything else...

6/28/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

after

9/19/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

11/22/2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What matchless topic

3/18/2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is an inspiration personally to uncover out far more related to this subject. I need to confess your information extended my sentiments as well as I am going to proper now take your feed to remain up to date on each coming weblog posts you may probably create. You are worthy of thanks for a job perfectly performed!
hey all, I used to be just checkin’ out this blog and I actually admire the idea of the article, and have nothing to do, so if anyone want to to have an engrossing convo about it, please contact me on AIM, my title is heather smith
I've to admit that i generally get bored to read the whole thing but i think you can add some value. Bravo !


Nimotop cheap | Nimotop cheap online rx

3/16/2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid drug interactions | clomid for sale online - 100mg clomid, clomid period

12/09/2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid early ovulation | http://cheapclomidonline.jimdo.com/#94349 - 50mg clomid, clomid mood swings

12/09/2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clomid blog | [url=http://buycheapclomid.webs.com/#24222]how to buy clomid online[/url] - clomid 50mg, aola clomid in bodybuilding

12/10/2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home