Thursday, June 05, 2008

Just got back from a walk

So as the title suggests I just returned from ma little stroll in and around the environs of our fair nation's capital. It occurred to me as I locomoted that tomorrow is the 2 month anniversary of my movie to the DC metro area. Very exciting!

So I initially moved in with Trudy but recently have located to my aunt's place east of the capitol. It's actually a pretty sweet pad. If I were to walk outside of it and stand in the middle of the road on the traffic island I would be standing in a pretty famous line. On it lies a marble representation of Abe Lincoln's crotch, the large phallus memorializing GW, the capital dome, me, standing on a traffic island vaguely reminiscent of a cock and balls, and then home plate at RFK stadium. That's like 6 penis things in a row; I'm sure it will weigh heavily on Nicolas Cage's mind in national treasure III.

So yeah, its a pretty sweet pad that I'm fortunate to stay in for a few months. The downside is that I work in Hunt Valley, MD. Why don't you go ahead and look that up on google maps and then zoom out till you find DC. So yeah, its about 56 miles away, which is pretty awesome. The saving grace is that its against rush hour both ways and I can make the trip in about an hour. A commute I once swore I'd never do, but here I am, blogging like I never swore I wouldn't do. I'm currently investigating some combination of walking, training, more walking, light railing, and yet more walking that will let me not drive every day of the week

I may just be here for the summer and then move up to Baltimore in a bit, then I'll get to go on a walking tour of places that were filmed in The Wire. That would be sweet. I've already been to the community college (CCBC) where Stringer Bell took his economics courses, or where I think he took them: nice place. (SHOOT! I just looked it up and he went to BCCC, oh well)

Well I should sign off for now since it's getting pretty late and I have to take some combination of 295, 495, 195,95,695 and 83 to get to work tomorrow. Good night my reading public and feel free to email, I miss you all.

3 Comments:

Blogger jsa said...

Good to see you're alive and well... will have to head down and check out all these penises (peni?)...

6/06/2008  
Blogger Bryan said...

I have no public comment about the penises.

6/07/2008  
Blogger Ian said...

I don't know what to think about the penises, but I've got to say, 6 really is a lot. Woah.

6/09/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home