Thursday, May 04, 2006

I've been away

So to put an end to the slow spreading awareness among my friends, through no fault of their own, I will now update this space on the more notable details of my life.

1. I have a job, it pays me money, I wish it paid me more. I'm an analyst at a used truck finance company. There's not a whole lot to say about it at the moment.

2. I have a room, it even has 4 walls as opposed to spilling over into the living room or into another guy's bedroom as some of my more absurd living arrangements have been, well, arranged for lack of a thesaurus. My roommates are bryan and kevin, with rick and akira receiving an honorary designation. Not a bad place, though one can hear most things from upstairs, like alarm clocks, dogs, african tribal music, and so on.

As I write this i can lay claim to something that amuses me greatly. I am currently on the #1 ranked open ultimate team in the nation after going 7-0 after winning a mediocre -team laden tournament in st louis. I'll probably keep playing with the team and so get to witness our slow steady decline to the middle of the rankings or our unforgettable undefeated run to glory. Either way I promise to stay the same person.

So based on the above I have new concerns, I worry about where dry cleaning is and how exactly one irons: a bit prosaic I suppose, but one tires of the constant freedom of leisure as well. The new neighborhood, which shall remain nameless as I'm not exactly sure which one it is, (probably albany park, but who's heard of that) is very exciting. The Reader printed up reviews of all the restaurants in the area about a week after we moved in, and I must say that I'm very enthused about the range of culinary options nearby. There are also about 20 taco/burrito/hot dog joins within a half mile, its my goal to figure out which is the best. The mexican bakery 2 blocks away is also a huge plus.

I'll try to be a bit more regular in my future postings. Admittedly, it shouldn't be hard.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! Sounds like you'll have lots of interesting stories.

5/19/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home