Wednesday, February 01, 2006

46% of people need to read the constitution

Saw a poll on cnn.com today asking if visitors to the house and senate galleries should be permitted to wear t-shirts with political messages. An astounding, to my mind, 46% of respondents said no, they should not be allowed to do so. Because the last place we want to permit freedom of expression is in the heart of our own "free" country. I simply can't believe this number, 43,000+ people think that we should be censored in what we can say in the hallways of our own government. WTF!! Am I missing something, was there an incident during the state of the union address? I think I'm going to start a t-shirt company that says "Fuck you all, and doubly so if you object to my saying it," or, "F*#$ you all for censoring my right to write Fuck!" I haven't decided. I know the profanity is unbecoming, this is after all a family safe space (for the record, the past clause is written with irony), but its terrifying to me that people are so worried about symbols that they debase the principals behind them.

Getting over a cold, hopefully lots of ultimate and raquetball gets it out of the ol' body.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Yeah, there actually was an "incident" during the state of the union speech. Not that I think that it makes the idiocy of the american public easier to explain, but...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/31/sheehan.arrest/

2/06/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home