Monday, January 09, 2006

Fun playing ultimate again

So I just went to webwalking.com/googlemap where you can use google maps to plot out how far various runs are and found out that my long run last week was 8.5 miles. Its a pretty cool program and anyone who runs and is curious about how far their distances are should check it out.

On saturday I went and finally got a cellphone. The number is 773 633 6441 for anyone who might feel disposed to call me. After getting it I walked to millenium park and met up with my family, who were ice skating. I walked around the park with them afterwards and had lunch. It was a fun little visit. After that went back to hyde park and watched the football with george, allison, ethan, rose and rachael. We also played some settlers of catan and I won the first game quite handedly but gave a less stirring showing in the second game. After that went over to the pepperland for some dancing at a communal birthday party. Sunday I had brunch with LYRICA HAMMANN, jason, and rob. Was fun, and afterwards we went to a ultimate pickup game on the northside. The pickup was probably among the most fun times I've ever had, not at a tournament, playing ultimate. The fields were slightly uneven and muddy but it was warm enough that playing without gloves wasn't a problem, and eventually something like 35 people were there so we split into two games for an hour or so. The level of play was fairly high, about that of a really good spring league game, and it didn't descend into a boring huck fest. Was cool to play with and against Raz and Lyrica again for the first time in several years. Afterwards Raz and I went to Bryan Kings for cincinnati style chili, a lot of asshole at which in the first round of games I was president for all but 1 turn, and good conversation. Crashed there and watched venckman, stantz, and egan thwart Gozor's bid to destroy New York by becoming a 200 ft marshmellow. Good movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home