Saturday, December 24, 2005

A trip down memory lane

So I just got back from hanging out with some close high school friends, specifically those of us who made up the Frugal Actors' Guild. We went to a bar that was different, had a lot of techno going on the speakers but no dance floor, a bit confusing. Then we proceeded over to a friend's house and watched our two very minor motion pictures "When babysitting goes awry" and the commentary for the DVD of "Mission Imbecile." I was reminded of how bad an actor I am, which is partially due to the fact that whenever I'm on camera I adopt a bad british accent, I don't know why, it just happens. I think the best part was in the MI commentary when my friend Scott said of a rather suggestively dressed Deb, "You know, we should do an interview with Deb's pants." That killed me. Maybe not very funny perhaps to those who haven't seen it, or even to those who have, but she was wearing these very tight silver pants and, well, it was just spot on. Also the great line, "It's like herdin' turtles," ahh good stuff. In retrospect part of my bad acting may be due to the fact that I was wearing a winnie the pooh costume. Oh well, I've probably said too much, but wow, tonight really took me back. Also my best friend from junior high/high school told a story of videotaping a friend's wedding reception and uttering these immortal alcohol inspired lines, "When I first met ____ and _____ I thought they were brother and sister, but was relieved to find out that they're really cousins." (just for the sake of clarity I should mention that the couple were not actually cousins) Sorry if this was uninteresting to everyone who visits here regularly. ta.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my adventures in babysitting site.
Good luck!

7/19/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home