Thursday, January 05, 2006

new years, football and such

So I finally feel like I'm back in chicago, when I was here before it always had a bit of the setting up then leaving for a week feel, which is unsurprising as indeed, that's what it was. For whatever reason my posting here has lapsed. This might be due to several factors, I don't feel as irreverant and whimsical, much of my time is spent walking, perhaps a touch of the doldrums from a never-ending gray sky, and maybe its simply laziness. Oh well, I'll try to deal with a few things that have happened.

On Christmas morning I opened a Christmas Card, as promised, from the woman I gave the book to on the bus. I was emotionally touched that she carried through and olfactorily (word?, oed confirms that it is) touched by a heady perfume that permanently wafts from the letter. I'm still debating whether or not to reply but I think that I may just leave the experience as is rather than carrying it onto the next episode.

New Year's: I started in Hyde Park but migrated northwards to akira's place, arriving 5 minutes ere the passing of the year. Notable events included Jaeger shots with jason, seeing a number of people that I haven't in some time, giving kevin cho a beer he failed to remember, and coming back to win a great victory in beer pong with thor. Limited dancing, but a good time, was glad I went up there and was touched by Akira's kind words for me at the onset of the new year.

Yesterday I ran downtown to the Verizon store, was a bit of a hike as I'm not in tip-top shape but slow and steady got me there fortunately. My quadriceps are a bit sore and I have a vaguely uncomfortable feeling on the outside of my right foot when I undergo bipedal locomotion.

College Football National Championship was watched at Eric's after spending most of the day cooking with bryan and watching Firefly episodes. Firefly was an good show, which was cancelled by the same people who are discontinuing Arrested Development, I don't think they realize how close this is making me to giving up TV aside from Bear football games and any future impending messages of doom from our (un)duly elected commander and chief. Saw Raz there, was amused that Kevin didn't remember me from New Years and mistakenly called Kevin by Raz's name. Raz then kindly informed me that Kevin was from East Asia and he was from Southeast Asia, after receiving this easy reference point I had no trouble. Watching the game was entertaining not only because it was an excellent athletic contest, but also due to the fact that we drank any time a phrase was uttered by the announcers that could be taken for sexual innuendo (tautology?).

One of my new year's resolutions was to write more, along with that I've been thinking about posting more thought out pieces here, generally apolitical (as no further addition need be made to the current political shoutspace on the internet). I don't know why I feel the need to warn anyone but there it is, it probably won't come to pass. In short I will be the boy who cried sheep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home