Tuesday, January 24, 2006

potpourri

Last night Ethan came over and we played some settlers of catan. Its a delightful board game, involving a fair amount of negotiation and strategy, I reccomend people try it. I ate a quick meal at cedar's of lebanon in hyde park. I think they have one of the best deals around with their falafel sandwich, served with a salad and potatoes. only 4.50, how can you go wrong? The answer though appeared to be the slight tinge of green around the edges of the potato slices that indicate sprouting and badness. Still though, excellent sandwich. I may be catching the beginnings of a cold as I feel a little off in the chest, a bit of the old respiratory tract infection or some such might be in my near future, but it will pass in time, just like the popular amazement surrounding the virgin mary cheese sandwich. Speaking of the mother of jesus, I've recently started reading "Naked before God" which Tazo reccomended on his blog some time ago. About someone with cystic fibrosis and diabetes trying to reconcile the daily suffering they endure and his christian beliefs. Maybe its a bit jarring to segue into the book after discussing the sandwich but that's how the old mind works I suppose.

I like living with rachael, we constantly scheme as to what we're going to make to eat. Also, I see us constructing our own version of settler's the next time a slow saturday morning rolls around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home