Sunday, August 21, 2005

How far is heaven?

The answer = 1 keg

Sorry I am q uite drunk at the momebnbt.

As the astute reader will no doubt have noticed I misspelled some words in the previous line and I make no proclamations of spelling error free in the next bit.

So last tuesday I didn't quite do total justice to that post. In addition to ross breaking down the door and having to get a new one he did another fun thing. He hiked up his shorts so it looked like he was wearing a large black diaper. At this point Charlie hid on the stairs and tried to pretend he was my conciousness and adivise me to listen to what ross was saying. This involved much confusion on my part as I tried to understand charlie without looking at him (he would hide below the wall of the staircase if I looked that way and declare it was very hard to be my concious with me always looking at him) but he proclaimed I should listen to the man with the black diaper --so I did and he advised me to not dance with the woman with large breasts because she was a temptress and would not follow up on what she seemed to offer. To this I had to reply that I already knew this fact and it did not faze me at that particular moment in time becasue I just wanted to tdance. But on to this weekend.

Friday night after work we went to "famous dave's" and got some fucking BBQ meat and enjoyed it. After this we got a keg of beer for about 6 people. We drank well on friday night. With keg stands, the introduction of beer die, and other hilarities of joy and good cheer. On saturday we began the drink early. We constructed an effigy of Bathtub Jim (a man my good friend from louisiana came up with as he tried to say bathtub gin), drank a lot and then took the keg and had a parade around various important things dressed as indians. At one point I took my clothes off and paraded about sort of leading the expedition if you will, but that is another matter, we fucking rocked with a parade aboard a mechanical beast of burden and had a lot of fun. So we had the parade but I should mention that before the parade we smashed choke cherries to help a coworker make choke cherry wine of which he promises to send this humble scribe a bottle. So we had lots of read cheery juice, I smeared this all over my skin to make it more indian like for the parade, incidentally I apologize for the lack of PC in this post, b ut it is unavoidable as I have done a lot of things this weekend that are not PC.

So we started to watch Strangebrew that night and I fell asleep. today I woke up and we fucking went tubign but I should mention what happened saturday in the early morning as it is a federal offense. As charlie and I discussed the history of recent civilization, others, shall we say more given to sexual intercourse than scholarly discourse ( they didnb't go the tue U of C after all), persons took the mail box and hid it in one of the buildings. It was a delicious manuever as I saw it the next morning and the mail box sort of dominated the living room, what with it not supposed to be there and all. but on with the tubing., We took a lot of the leftover beer, perhaps 3 gallons worth and went tubing down the rum river, I wish I was making that up, it took about 2.29 hours but we finished the beer and had a good time getting back. We then have spaghetti and sausage with carrot cake that I helped prepare and was amazing succulent in its tastefulness. Than I drunk and several others scared away the more religiously orientated , though I learned in retriospect that it was another much more than myself. we than proceeded to throw kitchen steak knives at a melon on the belief that whomever stuck it would be the most soberest to drive us to fatboys, the neighbory watery hole, but when charlie sank the knife through both melons we decided not to go as he was quite drunk and frankly the moment had passed. They are now watching ET.

Some things that I forgot to mention. earlier in the summer charlie found a blue hat that says the name Reichel Korfmann on it. This is hilarious for reasons that probably don't need to be explained. Ross and I have subsequently found blue hats that say lester and thor respectively so we are now lester and thor koffman. We adoptede a girl nicknamed EB as our mother and formed the korfmann clan. It was this clan that went tubing. Being thor kormann has proven to be very exhilirating. Well I am drunk and will post this, if I have said anything offensive I hope you will forgive me, if I have not than I hope you will forgive me anyway. I'll probably edit to some degree tomorrow but in any case I've got to go and watch the movie. Cheers and hopes that random fresh donuts find you in your daily adventures, Joe.

Hello this is the postcript. I forgot to mention that we all found rather affordably priced used suits this weekend and are wearing them at the moment. I hope to wear this jacket to cooler if I can get the stains off it. Hoppe to see many of the readers of this space in a week, if not fuck you, I'm kidding of course, I love all of you, as few readers as I have now. Ta ta

joe "fuc'ing drun'" lit'e

incidentally the title of this post referecnes a pretty good song that ross has. I believe it's called heaven but in any case it's quite good and I liek the tnaeme. What a fabulous weekend honestly, I couldn't be happier. Ta ta, see you bitches in a week or more, depending if you play on jobbers or not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe you make me laugh.I was reading this in the Reynold's club and it was really hard not to make a scene because I was laughing so hard.
I'm sorry I missed out on the "succulent tastefulness" of your sausage-spaghetti-carrot cake

9/07/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home