Saturday, December 03, 2005

An interesting tidbit

Was just reading the NYT and learned an interesting fact: the celebration of Christmas was banned in Massachusetts from 1659 to 1681. For more check out below.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/04/opinion/04sun3.html?hp

I also learned from ESPN today that a US Senator is trying to start an investigation into the BCS and its supposed lack of fairness.

Today I went with Joel and found Ice Lake, which might be the most diminuitive lake in a state that claims 10K of them. I say found because its approaches are well-guarded by wetlands and all shapes and sizes of flying biting insects in the non-wintry months. After walking its circumference I surmised that its square footage was around 1000 sq. feet. Which in my book makes it a permanent puddle rather than a geographically interesting body of water, certainly not a lake.

Also we've started playing table tennis with two collapsible rectangular tables Its quite enjoyable as you now have a front edge to contend with that can make amusing things happen like popping the ball into the air just out of reach or hitting the front edge of your opponent's table only to have the ball bounce back to your own.

So I'm gonna be rockin' pretty hard to public television tonight as they are broadcasting a springstein concert from 1975 London. Though as much as I love the boss I think I've got to get back to the big city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home