Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mmmmm...soup.

So I made tomato soup, the same recipe that colin used for those who were/are involved in Dinner Club, it turned out very well except I saw the word "stock" and thought "broth" and so added the wrong kind of liquid, though even if I had caught this ahead of time it would not have mattered as I have no stock. I'm excited to try out a yellow-split-pea and andouille(sp?) sausage recipe in the next few days. Its good that I'm getting into soups as the weather has turned a wee bit chilly recently and hot food is very welcome in the old stomach. Ahhh...I can't wait to make all kinds of one-pot concoctions.

So this past weekend was amazingly boring, don't know when the last time I was that bored but thank god its over. The only thing of note I did was read Richard III. If you want to know how to curse read that play. In order to make this weekend exciting I've decided to go and stay in the cities, I don't know how or with who yet but I'm really up for anything and need a little adventure. Hopefully I'll have a good post ready with all sorts of weird sidebars and such, I'll just stay here and read.

In other news I'm continually amazed by Arrested Development, if you're not watching this show you really need to. Its just amazing, even if you don't like TV, buying consumer goods, or any element of popular culture this 30 minutes is worth your time. To those who do watch it I've been laughing at Buster's invisible hand waving for two days now.

I've also recently joined the facebook universe. Its kind of scary as I can now easily reconnect with high school friends and meet others who share similar interests or characteristics, like having an adam's apple. I don't know if I'm ready for that. If/when I go back to chicago I may take advantage of some of those options.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hand-waving thing killed me, too. Killed me. And I liked how Michael gave his sister the truck with the cabin on it. And the kid who play George Michael has once again proven that he may be the best comic actor on TV.

9/29/2005  
Blogger Joe Little said...

Yeah the whole "you will get live-ins" almost brought me to the floor. I thought that episode was one of the best I've seen. I think that show definitely has the best props, in vehicles alone, of any show I've ever seen. Every time I see the staircar I want to start laughing.

9/29/2005  
Blogger jsa said...

"a photo like that will kill your career".
-George Bluth, as a picture of him and Saddam shaking hands flashes on screen

"well, not everyone's career."
-Ron Howard, the narrator, as a picture of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam flashes on screen

9/30/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always made that soup using broth (chicken or vegetable) as well. Making good stock might be fun, if I had the time. Actually, it probably wouldn't be fun at all since it involves just cooking stuff in a pot for 12 hours or so.

9/30/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home