Thursday, March 16, 2006

Internet Explorer sunk under me twice

So I had just about finished a post and then the damn browser closed on me. Sadly I don't have the energy to rewrite the whole thing so I'll just have to hit a few high points.

Congrats to Jayadev. Had the first hangover in a while this morning after being part of the roving celebration. Piece almost felt very much like a neighborhood bar with various people dropping in independently of one other, or at least coming separately and at different times if they were part of the same group. I thought it lent the evening a very spontaneous feel that seemed to keep things fresh.

The nerdiest conversation of the night by far was regarding why all the planets in the solar system, save pluto, are in the same plane. I was quite interested as I had wondered about that recently, and was quite satisfied with Colin's angular momentum answer. This came up because we were trying to figure out which McDonalds on earth GoogleMars would supply directions to as the closest for someone on Mars. My guess is that on average the the winner would be a location in Quito, Ecuador.

Dash it all

it happened again. God Damn Internet Explorer, I'm not writing the last paragraph again, fortunately I had saved everything above. The gist of it was I feel like my writing has suffered because of a lack of honesty or at least bravado. This has been caused by diminished self-esteem arising from my current lack of employment. I've realized that good writing, at least for me, takes courage because you're submitting yourself to the judgement, censure, disapprobation of others. that's about it. I'll try to post a little more frequently.

Oh and my bracket has already gone to shit. (currently bottom 20%) I was hoping for a little more trash-talking on the pheonix insurretion bulletin board but so far no one has responded to my post. Oh well, maybe they're too embarrassed for me to lampoon my pre-madness boasts.

1 Comments:

Blogger trophywife said...

Don't get suckered in my constant fear of the worthlessness of my prose. (Not that it's even worthy of such an elevated title...{see? there I go again!})
Whatever you write is always fantastic reading, especially for someone stripped of options aside from Page2 and scholarly texts. And courage, when lacking, can often be substituted with foolhardiness, as I have discovered.
Write on!

3/20/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home