Saturday, May 07, 2005

God music, fresh food, and bird stuff

So I'm currently listening to Lystra's Silence new CD Deep Calls to Deep. LS is BK's brother's band and is a christian rock band out west. For the most part I like it, I'm no music critic, what with the tone deafness and all, so I'll leave it at that. I'm at this very moment deciding whether or not to try to get to a farmer's market by bike. Weather report seems to suggest I have a 50% chance of getting dumped on by the angry rain gods, I think I'll try it anyway.
So I saw two great avian behavorial dealys in the past week. In a field I was driving by there was a male turkey "presenting" to two females sadly they just kept on walking by ignoring his invitation to procreate. I couldn't help really but identify with him, how many times have I done the mating dance of the blue-footed booby only to sleep alone that same night? The other great dealy was in one of the rings at the bioCON plots. My boss Jared and I were taking light measurements on the individual plots and this Kildeer was trying to lead us away with the ole "follow me my wing is broken, no don't look over there where my undefended eggs are, I'm over here. Don't I look oh so tasty and my wing is broken I can't run or fly away. *Fluttering sound* Hah! hah! you fool, you came after me and I flew around in circles and you didn't get my eggs or me you're stupid, stupid stupid. Wait, don't go near my eggs, my wing is broken I'm oh so defenseless...ad infinitum"
Well I couldn't help but notice the lack of comment on my Oompa Loompa tournament idea, not to beat what appears to be a very dead horse, but I thought it was a good idea and yet no one what's to touch it for good or ill like its got a bad case of the plague. Oh well, I hope all arrived safe and sound at Middlebury and are at the moment engaged in happy combat with those crazy canadians. I wish I could have gone, but some things in the end just don't make sense. Yesterday afternoon I threw for the first time since I left Chicago. It felt really good. Oh well, the sky is lightening, not lightninging, I think I'm going to make a go at this, although I have no idea what a farmer would have this time of year to sell up here. Winter rye? Last year's tomatos, I'll let you know if I can find it, I drew the world's worst map, this trip could get interesting, but I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home